Start and stop

How-to videos on the CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

nivlac

Start and stop

Post by nivlac »

Hello. This is my first post so please excuse my lack of knowledge on the posting of my issue. I am fairly new to my Shark. I have owned it a little over a year. It is the Shark Hd3. I am running the Vectric desktop version software which is the package that came with the Shark. The router I am using is the Dewalt 18 2.25hp. The issue I am having is when I click the OK button to start cutting the program, the router will start spinning, the Z axis will drop the router from zero about a half inch and move right back up to zero and the router stops spinning. Keep in mind this all happens within a second. Start to finish. Also note that about a week earlier I downloaded the Vectric 9.0 desktop free trial from the Vectric website. I used it a couple of times to make a program but it moved things around and I felt like I was starting over so I uninstalled the 9.0 free trial. The strange part of this issue is the fact that I had cut six programs that day. Back to back. I went to cut the seventh one and this happened. Just out of the blue. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Last edited by nivlac on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kayvon

Re: Start and stop

Post by Kayvon »

nivlac wrote:The issue I am having is when I click the OK button to start cutting the program...
What file are you running when you do that? If it's a (nearly) empty g-code file, that would provide the simplest explanation for what you're seeing.

nivlac

Post by nivlac »

Thank you for your reply. It is a small file. Total run time is about 4 1/2 minutes. Just four letters cut with a large V-bit.

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Could you post the g-code (.tap) file? If the file doesn't contain the paths you're trying to use, it would explain the issue you're seeing. Otherwise, we'll need to start looking elsewhere for the problem.

nivlac

Post by nivlac »

When you say post. Are you talking about posting it in the forum?

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Yes.

You just posted a reply asking about posting a reply. :) I'm asking if, in your next reply, you'll also attach a copy of the file itself. It's much easier to diagnose what's happening if we can see the actual file.

Rando

Post by Rando »

Kayvon wrote:Yes.

You just posted a reply asking about posting a reply. :) I'm asking if, in your next reply, you'll also attach a copy of the file itself. It's much easier to diagnose what's happening if we can see the actual file.
...and to do so, if you've never done it, you have to click on the "Upload attachment" tab below the post-editing window. Remember that you have to BOTH upload the image, AND insert it into the post if you want it to show up in the middle of the message. Ones you upload but don't insert will show up at the bottom.

Cheers! :D

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

nivlac

Post by nivlac »

nene papa skyla 9.crv
(160.5 KiB) Downloaded 467 times
Sorry about that guys. Here is the file i am trying to cut.

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

The good news is that I don't see any problems with the project file. And the g-code file, at least when I tried it, looked good, too.

Are you able to load and run other g-code files? Try taking an old project, output the g-code, then have your machine cut air (no need to waste material) and see if it seems to be working.

nivlac

Post by nivlac »

Thank you for looking at the file. I did try what you said earlier this evening. I started up my machine and loaded another file to air cut. It ran fine. So I ran the same one that messed up again. It ran fine also. I cut the file and finished the project that I was originally working on. I don’t know what happened but thank y’all very much for your help.