Y axis

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tooldude

Y axis

Post by tooldude »

I am still a newbie and trying to figure things out I am on the pendant and on the y axis I typed in 48 inches for the board size and it resets to 30 inches I don't know what I am doing wrong

tonydude

Re: Y axis

Post by tonydude »

If you have vcarve desktop you are limited to the max size setup in the program, whereas vcarve pro does not. Do you have desktop?

VCarve Desktop only supports job sizes up to a maximum of 25.0 inches x 25.0 inches without tiling. You can cut jobs larger than this limit but you will need to use the
Toolpath Tiling feature to cut the job in sections.

VCarve Pro allows you to work with any job size meaning that there are no limitations to the size you want to work with.

Tony
Last edited by tonydude on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

tooldude

Post by tooldude »

I do have VCarve Pro 9.014, I am not having the problem in the design itself ( on the computer ) its when I go to the HD4 itself I try to set the parameters on the pendant to the board size. It does accept the 11.375 but when I put in any number longer than 30 it resets that number to 30 no longer that that. With that being said do I type it in or do I use the pendant and try to set it up manually. I was wanting to use the touch plate.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

tooldude,

What cnc machine are you using? If it's the piranha your only allowed 30 inches on the Y axis period.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

tooldude

Post by tooldude »

I have the shark HD4 extended

Rando

Post by Rando »

It's dueling dudes! :twisted:
Abide ye well, arrrrgh :ugeek:
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)