HD4 pendant zero issues

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Todd05060

HD4 pendant zero issues

Post by Todd05060 »

I bought and set up the Shark HD4. I'm having trouble setting it to zero. I'm sure it's probably user error but hoping it a simple fix.
I get my bit on my start point, hit Zero xyz on the pendant, it takes me to the warning screen "About to change CNC Axes xyz", the numbers on the top of the pendant don't all change to 0, seems like every time I hit the Zero xyz I get a different value on top some times it's the x other times it's the y or z. Never once have I gotten it to register 0,0,0... Anyways I hit ok and of course when it goes back to the main screen it will tell me that I'm at say 0.000, 0.000 and 47483.50. I don't move anything and then hit the Zero xyz and end up with 47483.50, 0.0, and 47483.50. Every time i do it it's I get different values.... User error or bad pendant? Thanks for any input.

SteveM

Re: HD4 pendant zero issues

Post by SteveM »

I am almost positive you only zero out the X and Y and then set your Z separately. The Z zero is a different setting!

Todd05060

Re: HD4 pendant zero issues

Post by Todd05060 »

The issue was bad firmware. Got an update from Next Wave, installed it, did the Zero XYG (one step) and ran my first project. Success!!!! Thank you Steve for your input.