Shark HD4 stuck at front 6" of machine

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Janettx

Re: Shark HD4 stuck at front 6" of machine

Post by Janettx »

Update, it is now fixed. The problem after taking the bed and gantry off (which would have been unnecessary) I noticed the back bearing looked different on one side than the other and one would not go past the plastic frame underneath. After looking at the good bearing I seen that the set screw was too loose and the bearing could rotate. It had rotated upside down so that the grove that enabled the bearing to pass over that plastic part was turned up. So I turned the bearing to the correct position and it glides like it use to. Thanks for your consideration and help

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

Glad to hear you have solved the problem. You now have your entire carving table back.

Awesome!!!

We here on this forum are always ready to help!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Rando

Post by Rando »

Wow...that's a very unusual failure pattern. Thanks for letting us know what the root cause and solution was! No doubt it will help someone in the future. In addition to the motor coupling nuts, it sounds like those set screws should be added to the routine maintenance checklist. I've checked mine before and they were always tight, but clearly problems can happen when they're not. Thanks again for illuminating :idea: a previously unheard-of failure mode, JanetTx.
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)