HD4 Pendant

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tspotorno

HD4 Pendant

Post by tspotorno »

Powered up the HD4 and the Pendant buttons have no text.

I see the Shark Graphic on the display, and the button but no text. In fact, no text on any screen, but I see all the button images... I click on the blue app's button (no text, but know where it is located) and the apps screen appears but again no text.

Has anyone seen this. I thought I'd do a factory reset of the pendant but cannot see the text to select it.

Is there a way to factory reset the pendant?

BTW the pendant is communicating with the HD4 fine, if i press the "blank" buttons for xyz+- the spindle moves fine.

Denver Woodcraft

Re: HD4 Pendant

Post by Denver Woodcraft »

I am currently having the same problem. Did you ever figure out a solution to your pendant woes?

I have also contacted NWA and am looking into possible fixes for this issue.

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Try this:

Turn off the machine! Then with the pendant in hand, put your thumb in the center of the screen and hold it down while turning on the control box.
It will take you into calibration mode. Then use a pencil with a eraser end and when it prompts you to touch a corner on the screen, use the erased end and touch the spot it tells you to.
Not sure if that will help, but when I had my HD4, I had to do it several times to reset the pendant.
These instructions came directly from Next Wave tech support.

Hope it works for you
Steve

GregKirn

Post by GregKirn »

Just tried this and it worked perfectly! Thanks....