Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

rbuckner

how do i or the machine know when to change bits

Post by rbuckner »

???

Kayvon

Re: how do i or the machine know when to change bits

Post by Kayvon »

The machine doesn't know when to change bits. It's all on you.

You know when to change bits because you make the design. For a simple design, you won't need to change bits. Just use the same bit for the whole thing. If your design requires different bits, you'll need to save those as separate paths and run them on your CNC machine as separate runs with different bits. I encounter this sometimes when I want to use a V-bit in the design, but an end-mill bit for the profile.

Which software are you using? If it's Vectric, I highly recommend both reading the .pdf user manual and checking out the video tutorials. They do a great job explaining all the features, from simple to intricate.

rbuckner

Post by rbuckner »

thank you right now I have the simple lettering kinda down. for instance when trying to do the single line scrip I couldn't due to it having multiple paths. I will have to learn how to do this soon. I just got this machine set up last week and made my first trial run and now I have people beating my door down. I hope this learning curve isn't to hard and I'm bright enough to pick it up. Thank you for your help

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

http://support.vectric.com/training-material

Do these tutorials, everybody learns from these including me after 10 yrs of cnc.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.