laser issue

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tooldude

laser issue

Post by tooldude »

I don't know what I am doing wrong with the laser I have a shark hd I also used the post processor for CNC shark laser inch did the design downloaded it to a usb (tap) file ran it on the machine it seems to do the design but no laser light comes on. Forgot to mention I am trying it on Acrylic. When I go to the pendant through the menu and go to laser to do a laser test the light does come on. I am guessing it is something I am doing either in the layout or tools or download any help would be nice. Thanks in advance

BessieHunter

Re: laser issue

Post by BessieHunter »

What design software are you using? If your using Vectric, then did you use the laser tool in the tool data base included with the the software? I have a Shark II and I have to use the Piranha Laser PP for it to turn on the laser. I also made my own laser tool in the tool date base and set the RPM's to 750.

tooldude

Post by tooldude »

I am using V Carve 9.5, I just looked and did not see a tool in the tool database labeled laser and I have not ever had to make a tool I will have to read up on that and figure out how to make a laser tool in the data base

BessieHunter

Post by BessieHunter »

Go to New Waves Automation website and look under down loads and there will be a link for the laser module and it will give you instructions on how to set up the laser in the tool data base.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Attachments
Laser_Module_Guide.pdf
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 276 times
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.