computer disconnect

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

loyd1935

computer disconnect

Post by loyd1935 »

Occasionally, on a long run like a 3d carve, my computer will disconnect from the Shark controller. I've been lucky so far and the project continues to the end without the computer tracking the Shark progress. I guess that means the controller had memory space to hold the whole toolpath steps. I wonder if anyone else has this happen or otherwise has a theory to share. Loyd

tonydude

Re: computer disconnect

Post by tonydude »

I have the same thing happen to me the last 2 times. I think the computer shuts off the usb port that's connected to it after a certain time, but not sure. I checked my usb ports in the computer and it says it doesn't power off the usbs. I've been thinking maybe the usb cable must be going bad. I've been running this machine for over 5 yrs and never happened before, only the last 2x's. If anyome come up with something let us know.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.