Touchplate Not Working

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: sbk, al wolford

Touchplate Not Working

Postby Matt » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:28 pm

I'm looking for some troubleshooting suggestions on a touchplate problem

I used the touchplate earlier today and now I can not get it to detect. I checked the wire and connections and all look in good repair and are making contact. The Virtual Zero process launches properly but when the plate is touched to the bit it does not stop.
Matt

Re: Touchplate Not Working

Postby Barry Anderson » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:28 pm

Matt, the times when my touchplate did the same thing, it was either not making good contact on the spindle, or I had partially unplugged the wire from the touchplate.

Barry
Barry Anderson
Anderson Custom Woodwork, Inc.
Barry Anderson

Postby 4DThinker » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:59 am

I've had the plug end that goes into the plate break contact twice since I bought my Shark. Simple metal fatigue. Be sure and touch the plate to the bit before hitting OK to start the probe. Even that can fool you as the movement may temporarily make contact inside the plug end.
4DThinker

Postby allendavid » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:54 am

Even so, require to find a multi-wire gear that has been raped all over from Buy Research Paper Online the Touch Plates to the original control box. You will have one common that is pulsed over to activate a stored particular coil. To dope it out you must plan the colors to the Touch Plates and the rolls.
allendavid

Return to Software. Programming