Controlling with Laptop

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: sbk, al wolford

Controlling with Laptop

Postby jeffhcarter » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:36 pm

Hello, My Shark HD4 pendant broke and I am getting it fixed. In the meantime I am tryin to use my laptop to control the CNC but it does not seem to recognize the USB. I open the Control Panel up and click the connect button but nothing happens. Any ideas. I am using windows 10 which I am not too familiar with. It is very frustrating :(
jeffhcarter

Re: Controlling with Laptop

Postby SteveM » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:05 pm

When I had my HD4, is was under the impression it could run by a computer but the machine was designed to run on the pendant only.
I never got my machine to run with the pc.
Sorry for not being able to help.

I would suggest calling Next Wave for help
SteveM

Postby tonydude » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:17 pm

Check this out http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop ... x?recid=26 you can download the control panel.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 9.506, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed, control panel 2.1
tonydude

Postby jeb2cav » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:22 am

A couple of things I have learned to date about the HD4 hardware/Shark Control Box - you have to be running Windows 10, and even then there is no Shark Control Panel (that I am aware of) that will actually enable you to run a cutting job. As a long time user of Sharks, this has been pretty frustrating for me. I could never get the USB to recognize this control box with older operating systems, despite all of the different steps outlined on the support portal.
jeb2cav
Site Admin

Return to Setting up the Shark