grid lines

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gpeck

grid lines

Post by gpeck »

Why are there 10 grid lines too an inch instead of 8 so that I can find where a letter or what ever is on the material?

Joseph Poirier

Re: grid lines

Post by Joseph Poirier »

we haven't done anything to Grid lines in a long time.
I suppose we'll have to look at providing an option in preferences for users to set the display Grid line gap.
Is that something that would work for you?

gpeck

Post by gpeck »

Yes it would. It would be easier for me too put wording a certain distance from the edge of a project. I use inches so 1/8" increments, or to have a choice of different ones, would work great. Thanks for responding. gene

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

So everyone knows I take all feedback seriously... update has been posted...
[2.1][16]
: Preferences update...
1 changed if statements, so ignored values will revert to last saved value, instead of default settings.
2 Updated Virtual points to flip back and forth from inches to millimeters with default unit unitSize change.
3 Added option for user to set grid line spacing.

: Grid Lines...
1 Turned grid lines on, added checkmark to Grid line menu item.
2 updated gridline function to allow users to enter decimal values.

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

Loving the build 16 grid line features.
Also just noticed the diagonal jog buttons for the first time. Is there any way to map these to 7,9,1,3 on the number keypad? I have separate keys for PGup/PGdn and Home/End and would love diagonal jog moves from my keypad with numlock ON.

I did have one runaway jog in the -Y direction using my down arrow key. Clicked on my E-stop button to halt it and a momentary exception error popped up. Control software worked fine after that. Running on Windows Vista machine.

Thanks for the great work up to now.
4D

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

I removed one line of code from the hot keys to fix a jogging bug.
Still build 16, but pushed it out for everyone to update.

That seems to fix the runaway jog from hitting 2 hotkeys at the same time, which was accompanied by a SoftStopException to the user screen, and an internal endless loop that only I could see once I had it in debug mode for testing. Thx to Craig for pointing out the error popup. Even though I had to guess to duplicate, it was a pretty quick fix knowing it was from hotkeys.

gpeck

Post by gpeck »

I may be looking in the wrong place . I open vc 7.0 go to job setup click on veiw click on guide lines
and all I see is guides visible or delete guides, where is preferences?

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

[File][Preferences][General] contains the setting to enter your grid line spacing.

Any decimal value or integer should work fine.

This feature is only available in [v2.1 Build 16], so you must do an update if you don't have it.
[Help] [About] form should display [v2.1 Build 16].

if you have already installed [v2.1 Build 16], but see an older version... then look for the new icon on your desktop [CNC Shark CP v2.1]
The newer 2.1 [Build 10] and above do not overwrite your older 2.0 control panel software, only 2.1 revisions, so you'll have to uninstall those separately when you are done with them.