Noobie question: VCarve image is in "negative"

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

waynemartin

Noobie question: VCarve image is in "negative"

Post by waynemartin »

I am trying to work with an image I downloaded into VCarve. When I have the toolpath created and view it in 3D, the parts I want raised are cut out and the parts I want removed are raised. It's like a photographic negative of what I want. Is there an easy way to fix this? Some way to flip this the other way?

Thanks!
Wayne

PeteD

Re: Noobie question: VCarve image is in "negative"

Post by PeteD »

Rather than selecting the whole image you may have to select certain things you want to carve at a time. It may take more than one program to cut what you want. Pete

FixitMike

Post by FixitMike »

If you surround the image with a border and then do a pocket cut inside the border, it will change the way things are cut. (This is the method used to cut an inlay.)

Bob

Post by Bob »

Wayne
In the first window of Cut3D there is a picture of a man's head. Click on either top or bottom to flip your work over.
And, below that same icon at the left is a button to rotate your work 90 degrees. Click on rotate until the work looks right way around.
You will go a little bug eyed looking at your work. Just tilt it a little to get the proper perspective.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)