THE KEYHOLE WIZARD

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

BUBS

THE KEYHOLE WIZARD

Post by BUBS »

I'm have a problem getting the keyhole wizard to work. It works when I select out side the line and i get like a 1/2 hole. It gives me error when I select inside the pattern. What I'm I doing wrong?
Bubs :oops:

fison

Re: THE KEYHOLE WIZARD

Post by fison »

The Keyhole Gadget is looking for the Center point of the selected vector. Normally I put a circle to represent where I want the main hole to be and then after selecting the circle run the gadget. Without seeing your CRV file or knowing the actual error message its hard to help troubleshoot the exact problem you're having.
Paul Fison
Tacoma, Washington, USA
(253) 925-0855

Buc

Re: THE KEYHOLE WIZARD

Post by Buc »

Bubs,

Create a circular vector (.250") where you want the point of entry for your keyhole slot tool. Select it, open "Gadgets tab", and select keyhole tool Path, opens keyhole toolpath creater. Select "slot orentation." Slot dimensions (.400") and length of slot (.500") Check mark create preview vectors for outline on surface. Eenter entry hole (.375"). Slot diametrer (.250"). Setup a dummy tool, cutting parameters pass depth (.400"), stepover (.002"). Feed and speed, 12000 RPM., Feedrate 40 IPM, Plundge rate 20 IPM. Click apply, click OK and your tool path is created.

Buc
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday