No controller fan

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Chips

No controller fan

Post by Chips »

Just received my CNC Shark Pro Plus. Spent a few minutes reading the Instruction Manual. On page 2 it talks about the controller box fan. (Quote: Make sure upon powering that the fan is working inside the controller box. You will hear it and see it spinning. If the fan fails for any reason turn off the machine.) My controller box has NO fan. Would this be a problem or was an upgrade made and not mentioned in the instruction manual. I sure would hate to burn it up on it's first cutting.

spinningwood

Re: No controller fan

Post by spinningwood »

Hi Chips - Al from Rockler posted a message about this a while ago. Here's what he said:

"by al wolford » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:22 pm

The Shark PRO PLUS may contain a manual that refers to a fan in the controller with instructions not to run the system unless the fan is running. This is wrong the new controller does not require or contain a fan. Please disregard this caution."

Looks like you are good to go. Enjoy the new Pro Plus and report back on how you like it.

Ed

Chips

Re: No controller fan

Post by Chips »

Thank you for the quick reply and info. I guess I need to read all the posts and get up-to-date with this unit. So much to learn and so little time in a day.