Scanning to vector software

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

David 357

Scanning to vector software

Post by David 357 »

I'm setting up a shark system for a local shop. The guys are not real fimilar with computer software. I'm looking for something to scan a good vector image without having to do a lot of cleaning up or redrawing. Ideally they would like to scan a business card and resize it. Then engrave logo and text. I found a program called magic vector cost about $300. Any information others are using would be great.

tonydude

Re: Scanning to vector software

Post by tonydude »

David,

If you google free vector images there are lots of websites to look at.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

David 357

Post by David 357 »

I have used few diferent programs. None of them realy produce a good clean file without having to redraw most of the logo. I looking to see what other people are using to reproduce buisness card with logos and text. The final output is to resize and engrave.

saramos

Post by saramos »

I will usually just re-draw the logo using Corel Draw with a bitmap of the item on a locked layer as a guide. I find it's more accurate and often faster than trying to clean up a trace.

Scott