Cut3D postprocessor

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

advent111

Cut3D postprocessor

Post by advent111 »

Just finished rebuilding my computer system and now when using the "new" postprocessor (CNCShark-USB-NewArcs_inch) with Cut3D I get the error message "unknown statement in line26" If I remove the "new" postprocessor and replace it with the OLD postprocessor (CNCShark-USB_Arcs_inch) then Cut3D works just fine. Also the "new" postprocessor works just fine with with VCarve Pro 6.5. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? My Cut3D Version is 1.025, I'm running Windows 7, On an HP machine.

Bruce

Doug Mel

Re: Cut3D postprocessor

Post by Doug Mel »

There is a problem with the new Post Processor when used with Cut3D, See the following post http://cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 6529#p6529
Doug

hsmith34

Post by hsmith34 »

I'm considering buying a Shark Pro with the CNC Touch Probe and Cut 3D S/w. However, I haven't found any documentation that adequately describes the capabilities of the S/W. Specifically, does it have the capability to produce "Mirror Image" information. I need to create mirror image copies of carvings in restoring some old furniture. Any one know about this?

H

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

The way I understand the question, the answer is yes. If you have a 3d image in Cut3d, you can mirror it in either the X-axis or the Y-axis direction and rotate the image in 90 degree increments. It actually has nothing to do with the post processor used with Cut3d, but rather in the actual program which could be cut directly from Cut3d or imported into V Carve and cut from there also.

Roger
Attachments
Original File as imported into Cut3d
Original File as imported into Cut3d
Modified file as mirrored in the X-Axis
Modified file as mirrored in the X-Axis
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com