Software Max Setting

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

hdtheater

Software Max Setting

Post by hdtheater »

I posted an issue over on the Vectric forum:

http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic. ... b801c2cd3e

I had a job that the text gets all jumbled up and thought it was a VCarve problem, but the replies I am getting seem to be more focused on a setting for the Shark. The last post stated this:

".....it looks like your steppers began missing steps during rapid moves(G00). What is your controller software max setting for rapid moves?"

Does anyone know the answer to this question with the Shark Pro Plus? Anyone with a Shark have any advice on what I could do keep this from happening? Settings for VCarve? Shark Controller software?

I ran a known good job and it works fine. So, I know the controller is working properly.

Thanks,

Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

Tim Owens

Re: Software Max Setting

Post by Tim Owens »

Slow the FRO to 50% and see if the problem goes away.
This looks like an issue in one axis but it is hard to tell.
We can go from there.

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

Hi Tim, I found my answer. It was in the job itself. The job was 48" long and I was setting home in the center of the job. The job was moving outside of the Sharks work area and losing its location in relation to home. Which brings me to a question.

Is there anyway for the Shark to find XY center within its maximum work area?

Thanks,

Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

I am not certian that I understand. Are you trying to know where the exact center of the machine is or you want the machine to find the center of a piece of wood?
If you are looking for it to automatically find the center of the wood then no there not a way at the moment.
If you want to find the center of the machine I would go to one end set Zero and move 12.5 inches and mark that point
Do the same on the other axis.

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

Tim Owens wrote:I am not certian that I understand. Are you trying to know where the exact center of the machine is or you want the machine to find the center of a piece of wood?
If you are looking for it to automatically find the center of the wood then no there not a way at the moment.
If you want to find the center of the machine I would go to one end set Zero and move 12.5 inches and mark that point
Do the same on the other axis.

Not looking for the center of the material, but the center of the max work area for the Shark. Something like an Auto-Calibrate, but if 12.5 from each direction is all that is needed, that works. Did not know if the motors ever lose their calibration.

Eric
Thanks,

-Eric