Other CNC Design Programs and Post Processors

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

peg_legs

Other CNC Design Programs and Post Processors

Post by peg_legs »

I was just given (an early birthday gift) a new version of Bob CAD-CAM Ver.23 Base, Mill 3x, BobArt and the set of training videos.
My question is: Has / is anyone using BobCad with there Shark? What adjustments / changes did you have to make?
What about a post processor, were you able to use the one that you downloaded when you got your Shark or did BobCad
have or build one for you? Along with any other things I need to know.

Thanks in advance for your help...

P.S. I am going to have to use this software, my son has 3 other machines that use it and I need to get on the band wagon ASAP.

leonard1234

Re: Other CNC Design Programs and Post Processors

Post by leonard1234 »

Cogratulations new software. I need help I recieved my router 3 weeks or so ago and can not get the soft ware to install properly. I keep getting update 2060 firmware. I set it to update and says ok. I try running again a does the same thing. What am I doing wrong. I am about to send mine back.
Please help.

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

I have used bobcad with the shark since version 17 I have version 22 but have not gone to 23 since I do not like there interface. I really have stayed with 21 and then import into vcarve and use there post processing but you should be able to get the 23 post processor since several people using sharks have it.

Now for Lenord1234. IF you are getting the update each time then something is strange is going on. 1st I would take out the sd card then try to update the firmware and see if that fixes it then put the card back in. If not then contact Next Wave on Monday and we will get it repaired or replaced.

Thanks

Tim

peg_legs

Post by peg_legs »

Thanks Tim,

As always your on top of things! I hope I will not have to send the files to VCarve
as most of my work will be 3D (2.5D) and I'm not sure if VCarve will save my files
so I can get a good G file to run.

I will be loading BobCam this weekend and going through all the video training
lessons. I hope I will be able to run a sample 2.5D file on Monday morning.
IF I'm lucky everything will run fine. I guess I will need to contact BobCad first
thing Monday morning to see if, in fact, there is a postprocessor for the Shark.

Question: Is there a different machines PP that will work on the Shark? Is there
any information that you have that I may need to give them?

Anyone needing to make up your mind about getting a Shark, Shark Pro or Shark Pro+
should jump into buying a Shark. You will find that the customer service / support
form Tim and his crew is the BEST! ! ! (Every other maker of CNC machines should
take lessons from Tim!)

Thanks Again Tim,
Mike
(peg_legs)