sd card

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

vanstone

sd card

Post by vanstone »

I have a program with over 25,000 lines and could not get it to run correctly. It would do fine for the first ~12,000 lines and then speed up so fast that the router movement could not keep up. I tried everything such as changing the speed, trying another computer, redoing the coe and nothing worked. I then replaced my Sans 8gb sd card with a Sans 2gb card and it worked perfectly

BobKrattli

Re: sd card

Post by BobKrattli »

If you go to my post "Shark does unexplicable and inconsistant actions" after several months of problems, attempts to fix including sending the controler in for repair/replacement, the end fix was changing the sd card to a 2gb. I was told by a computer tech this week-end that some systems have problems reading 4gb and (I think he said) 8gb Sd cards. The 2gb works fine for me, but I understand the 2gb is going away, so I am going to buy another one for backup, a $10.00 investment in my world is a safe bet. Have a good Day Bob

stonker

Post by stonker »

Forgive me but I am as new as it gets with this. Do you have to run off a SD card or can you run from the pc hard drive?

GARYR6

Post by GARYR6 »

I think it is the SD Card.

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

The SD card they are talking about is the SD card that is put in the Shark and Pro systems. That card is really the memory for the controller it is not readable by anything else. If the sd card fails then you can get strange operation. You still program to the CNC Shark controller from the computer via usb which then goes into the sd card.

Thanks
Tim

stonker

Post by stonker »

I'm trying to help a friend out and got my butt in front of the machine for the first time today. We too had the program stop about 1/2 the way thru. We are using a 2GB card. I read somewhere that a 1gb card worked better. Any thoughts?

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

The one I have is a 2gb sd card. It's still the same card that came with it, no problems with mine.
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.