Software Ability to scan an image

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Fred Brinkman

Software Ability to scan an image

Post by Fred Brinkman »

I am considering the purchase of the Shark Pro Plus but have a question about the software. Does it allow for the scanning of an image to produce a pattern for a project? Not having any experience with CNC machines and or their software, I ask this to understand whether or not additional softeware would be necessary or even available to accomplish this sort of task.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Software Ability to scan an image

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Fred,

The short answer is that VCarve Pro (now version 6) does work with images (in several formats including jpg, tif and bmp off the top of my head). Even better news is that you can download the software and run a fully functional trial version to test this out (the trial only allows you to cut certain projects that comes with it, but you can create and preview in 3D anything you want to try your hand at). Go to www.vectric.com and download a VCarve Pro 6 trial and confirm that the software does what you need to do. Good luck!

acxsasx

Re: Software Ability to scan an image

Post by acxsasx »

Once you have the scanned image, yes, you can import it. The process of getting a piece of paper scanned into the file format is handled via other means, i.e. having a scanner and the software to create the image file.

You can take any image file in a common image format as Joe said and use it in the software.