Control Panel 1.6 coordinates

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Kayvon

Control Panel 1.6 coordinates

Post by Kayvon »

I've noticed some odd behavior with the new CP 1.6. When I click "Run", the panel behaves exactly as the previous version did: It moves the spindle down to 0,0,0 then starts the program.

If I instead use the keyboard shortcut for Run, Ctrl+R, then a prompt appears asking about a touch plate, which I don't have, so I can hit cancel to bypass it. Then, without going down to 0,0,0 it starts the spindle running and runs the program.

The odd thing, besides the difference in needing to go down to z=0 for the former, is that the coordinates for the latter seem to be off if the spindle isn't already located as x=0, y=0.

What's the deal? Why does Ctrl+R work differently? I'd love to understand this because it's extremely convenient not to have to go down to z=0 at the beginning of some projects.

Kayvon

Re: Control Panel 1.6 coordinates

Post by Kayvon »

Just to update, I never did figure out the cause of this. To play it safe, I now always move to 0,0,0 before loading the file, then I always use the mouse to click Run. I'm thinking some of the keyboard shortcuts were a little undertested.