Replicating an Item

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

bill z

Replicating an Item

Post by bill z »

Looking for suggestions as to better ways to do this in Aspire 8.0.

Right now I have a CRVS3D that makes 1 widget. To make the widget, there are 8 pockets and 1 Profile (for me, that is a lot).

I want to make (replicate) 8 of these widgets in one cutting session, without having to recalculate pockets and profiles.

Is there a way to tell the Aspire or the Shark Controller to make 8 of these every 4 inches apart?
Like, do 1 and move over 4 inches and do another again and again till 8 are cut…

Sorry if I haven't explained what I'm wanting to do very well. Being sort of new, I do not have all of the right terms.

Any suggestions?

sharkcutup

Re: Replicating an Item

Post by sharkcutup »

widgets.jpg
Would this be something you are looking to do? This is a 12" wide by 48.0" board with 8 rectangle shaped widgets (with 8 1" square pockets .125 deep in each) profile cutouts.

All I did was create 1 Widget then had V-Carve Duplicate it 8 times at a certain distance apart using the offset and layout tools provided. Then I setup all the necessary toolpaths to carve them.

I am not aware of any script or G-code file that would tell the Shark controller to do 1 then move over a certain distance to create another.

*** Note: Of course I have a CNC Shark with the Extended bed so I can handle the above size mentioned board with no problem.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

VCarve (and Aspire, I'm sure) has a way to let you tile the same job over and over with the array tool. If your toolpaths are assigned by layers, it's a simple matter of ungrouping the resulting objects and hitting "recalculate all toolpaths".

It's also possible to do it by editing the GCODE directly, but I think using Aspire/VCarve is the easier option.

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

Forget what I posted earlier I found this!!!

http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... e_PRO.html

Checkout it out --- I believe this is what you may be looking for!!!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

bill z

Post by bill z »

WOW!!

Thanks Sharkcutup. Yes, this is what I need. :D :D

I have done layers on a few occasions and never tried the Nesting. I saw the icon but didn't know what it was, so I stayed away from it.

Really powerful option.

Yes, I can find many uses for this.

Life is good!

Thanks again.