Cad/Cam other then VCarve

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Johnj54321

Cad/Cam other then VCarve

Post by Johnj54321 »

Does anyone know of a freeware program that will generate gcode that the Shark can use without going through every line of code? Any information or Tips would be appreciated. I purchased a Shark used but the VCarve program was corrupted and I can't use it, so I'm looking for a Freeware program to start learning how to use this machine.

JayMcClellan

Re: Cad/Cam other then VCarve

Post by JayMcClellan »

I am using Fusion 360, which is available free and I recently wrote a Shark post-processor for it so it can directly generate Shark-compatible G-code: http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5196
It can do MUCH more than VCarve in most respects, but it's a full-featured 3D CAD/CAM package so it also takes more effort to learn. You can check out some of the tutorial videos to see if you think it's right for what you want to do.

FixitMike

Re: Cad/Cam other then VCarve

Post by FixitMike »

If you bought a Shark, it should have come with VCarve (although possibly not the latest version). Contact Support@Vectroc/com and explain your problem. They can explain how to transfer the license for a low cost.

The demo programs (VCarve, etc) are free at Vectric.com and can be used to figure out how to program at no cost.