control panel HD4

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

shooter1940

control panel HD4

Post by shooter1940 »

HI ya'll. I have tried to install and run 3.0 and 1.6 (all I saw to download) and neither one will work. I am running windows 7 home premium. 3.0 keeps giving me an access violation and 1.6 won't do anything! Don't know what is wrong, any help would be great!

Rando

Re: control panel HD4

Post by Rando »

Shooter1940:

I'll stick with the v3.0 for this response....

This one is unlikely, but any chance there has been no reboot between when you installed it and when you ran it (and got the access violation)? Sometimes the files can't be written at install time, so a reboot has to occur to swap the new file into place. This is especially true when you're installing multiple versions of the same program. So, reboot the machine (I prefer a power-down just to be sure) after each install/uninstall action. Sorry, it's a windows thing :D.

Access violations can come from two (main) areas. The main one is if one of the driver files, or resource files, get corrupted. The other, for this software, is when there's a communications problem. That too, in my experience, is often solved with a reboot.

Other than that, I'd download the firmware installer and update to the latest firmware. Though, I will admit that if you can't start the control panel, it's hard to find the controller firmware version number to even KNOW if you need to update them. And, I'd clean out the old control panel software and drivers, and then re-install clean including the drivers....with reboots between each step.

Also, in future, I recommend you avoid installing a later version, and then installing an older one on top of it. That will only lead to trouble. Always move forward, otherwise you're somewhat asking for version mismatches.

Hope that helps, hope you get it figured out!

Regards,

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

shooter1940

Re: control panel HD4

Post by shooter1940 »

Thanks for the help. will try and see what happens!