New shark II user

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

MokeyMongoose

New shark II user

Post by MokeyMongoose »

Hello

I have been trying to cut my first project with my new CNC. I made a file and took some monthly projects from online to start. I zeroed our everything at the top of material and bottom left or center. But I have not had anything work right. I watched different tutorials and set the post processing to cnc shark inches. Every time I turn it on, it starts st the right zero and then goes up way past the starting point and moves around in the air and then makes some basic straight lines in the wood every though the whole project is round.

I’m new to woodworking and spent a few grand on this in prep for a wedding and am getting so frustrated that I wasted my money and now have buyers remorse.

Bob

Re: New shark II user

Post by Bob »

MM,
Step one:
Please post your crv. file. It would be helpful to see exactly what you have done so far.
Step 1.5: This will get easier!
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Kayvon

Re: New shark II user

Post by Kayvon »

Any project files you can post will be helpful, since we otherwise have only your brief description.

The monthly projects are very cool, but I'd suggest something much simpler for your first cut. Actually, I'd suggest "cutting air" to begin with (no material, no bit, just see if things move right), then move up to something like drawing a square in wood.

It sounds really gradual, but you'll be up and running in no time, making and sharing all your cool projects.