Deleting and incorrect toolpath

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Cal Hunter

Deleting and incorrect toolpath

Post by Cal Hunter »

Newbie. I can't figure out how to delete an incorrect toolpath. I have to trial and error my creating a new file each time See attachment
Attachments
Pick UP Bad Toolpaths.crv
(68.5 KiB) Downloaded 251 times

Bob

Re: Deleting and incorrect toolpath

Post by Bob »

Cal,
The attachment can't be opened because it was created on the trial version.
In answer to your question...Have you tried selecting the incorrect toolpath and hitting the delete button on your keyboard. There are other ways, but that's an easy one.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Cal Hunter

Post by Cal Hunter »

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't able to delete any of the tool paths. Good or bad. Do you think it might be a trial version issue?
Cal

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you right-click on a toolpath? There should be a delete option. I'm wondering if we're referring to different things when we say "toolpath".

KevinO

Post by KevinO »

Hi Cal,
I don't know if you figured out yet how to delete a tool path, but if not:
What I say below applies to VCarve Pro (all newer versions). I frankly don't know if you can delete a tool path in the trial version, but I don't know why you wouldn't be able to.
A tool path can be deleted by left-clicking over the tool path you want to delete, then left-clicking (in the "Toolpaths" window) on the icon that has a red "X" on it. The window can be found by clicking on the little tab located in the far upper right of the screen that says "Toolpaths".
Most of the time you can simply edit a tool path rather than deleting it. This is done by clicking on the icon with a "pencil" over it in the "Toolpaths" window. Then you can change tools, depth of cut, etc.
Hope this helps.
Kevin

P.S. I actually wrote this in April but for some reason was unable to post it. Seems the Forum was dead for a few months. Anyway I guess it's up and running so here's my reply (better late than never!)