z Axis Problem

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Cal Hunter

z Axis Problem

Post by Cal Hunter »

We make to cars for Not For Profit Child Care Centers. This morning I had an accident with a file that is outlined in the attachment "CNC Router Problem B". In addition there were 2 other issues that I can't explain. I have included the .tap file as well.
Anyone had any similar experiences or have any ideas what might have gone wrong?

FYI: sharkcutup has been a big help to me on a variety of issues as I am learning to use the machine.
Cal Hunter
Attachments
CNC Router Problem B.jpg
SUV F R W Feb 26.tap
(159.33 KiB) Downloaded 279 times

tonydude

Re: z Axis Problem

Post by tonydude »

Can you post the crv file if your using vcarve pro? Thank you

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Cal Hunter

Post by Cal Hunter »

I,m using VCarve Desktop. Do you still want it?
Cal

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

Update: Ran .tap file on my CNC machine cutting air yesterday evening. CNC Machine ran through entire file without a hitch.

I believe it is time to check things at your CNC machine, things like possible static interference, etc...

Any other suggestions out there would definitely be taken into consideration, thanks!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Bob

Post by Bob »

Another thought...
You might be bumping the top of your Z travel, and losing steps. This would cause the bit to plunge too deep on cuts. Did you make any changes that would cause the bit to go higher than planned?
Check your safe z setting, fixture thickness, tool length, router/spindle slipping in the clamps, anything else that would use up z travel.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)