Load error

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

wyzarddoc

Re: Load error

Post by wyzarddoc »

Thanks All
but the problem using the shark panel is solved. I still can't access mach3 but I can at least get some work done. The probe works great just in case anyone is interested.
thanks for all your help
Doc

ohiolyons

Post by ohiolyons »

Hi all,

Having the same load error problems, trying to work with Next Wave and Rockler and they indicated memory card issue, do you have the right drivers, etc. Installed 1.4.0.10 and all problems go away. If you are having Load error issues do not do anything else until you install 1.4.0.10 control panel!!!

John

Buc

Post by Buc »

Also experienced 'load error' problems. Up graded computer to windows 7 and downloaded 1.4.0.8 controller. The problems started. Since I downloaded 1.4.0.10 problems went away. I can even load the TAP files that would 'load error' on the older controller software. No it wasn't my SD card....Spend 39 years lying to GE and Fanuc controls to machine quality parts on CNC machines.
Buc
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Ardmar

Post by Ardmar »

I have two computers, one with Windows XP and one with Windows 7. I can get some of my .tap files to load on the XP version but nothing on the Windows 7 version. I am hoping there will be an update to the controller software soon.

jdoherty

Post by jdoherty »

I didn't realize there has been an update to the controller program. Does anyone know what improvements have been made with the updates? Currently my older controller software (not sure version) is working fine and I hesitate to change something that is working properly. I do believe in running the most current software for everything but often that introduces a whole new set of bugs.

afs2ovi

Post by afs2ovi »

Sorry I missed most of the start of this thread due to illness but I am sure thankful for it. Just before I got sick I was going to push the automatic update button on the scan panel but something told me not to do it. GOOD!! Im running Version 8 on Windows 7 and have had no problems with errors although I've not used the Scan probe yet. Basic Panel working good.
Al
Don't cry unless you broke the machine, just toss it in the "Blue Box" and start over!!

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

I was little late getting back to this particular thread the IWF show was taking up nearly all of my bandwidth.

I want to answer some of the concerns in this thread and the problem Doc was having with Mach 3.

First with the load error that we had happening. We were getting conflicting information what customers were seeing. We were not able to replicate the problem here and we thought it was maybe a problem with card reader. After finally we got somebody's controller back with the card we were able to narrow it down to an SD card manufacture issue. So we went out and bought a number of different cards from a number of different manufacturers and found that they will vary wildly from the standard operating parameters that are supposed to be working with. So we adjusted the timing significantly to take this into account in version 10 that is currently on the website should work for any current or newer SD card.

So lets talk about the problems with the Mach 3 and I just want to state that we do not support Mach 3 as a product. However, we have been able to interface through it using the plug-in that was created a few years ago. I'm not certain who created the original plug-in it was either Art F. or the guys at OEMtech but I will check with them to see if we can get updated for our firmware.

We do beta test our programs there for people that play with it right now including myself. As an example we've released version 10 but were currently testing version 16 which has the fourth axis capability on it. The issues with the Mach 3 is more likely the result of the updating the firmware that happens on the 1.4 version which had a lot of changes in order to incorporate the scanning technology and newer SD cards. I don't know if I would use the older firmware that is on the OEM site since I don't think they update it anymore. The older version of the firmware that we were using with our 1.0 XP version of the controller was 2045 and that is likely what the culprit is.
We can ofcourse flash it back if you would like to continue using your Mach 3.

The way Mach 3 uses the controller is by creating a pulse train to a controller board and the computer does all the processing. That doesn't take a very advanced set of firmware. Our version of the controller's download the whole program to the controller before you click the run button this is quite a bit different than the way Mach 3 works hence we have to have more in the firmware.

The last point is what we have used Xylotex boards in the past and they're on our current shark and Pro version but we will probably be migrating away from them in the future for the Gecko drivers.

Tim

Teir

Post by Teir »

Tim,

I updated my software while i was at IWF..the 3rd day of IWF.....in anticipation of the probe.

Since I got back from IWF....I have updated firmware on the shark with laptop hooked up.

Probe was sticky as you told me it might be for the first scan or two. Then it cleared right up.
I have run scans for the last 3 days getting some stl's ready.

My problem came when i got ready to cut again today. I tried to load and got the load error talked about here.
I have double checked when i start the control panel, scan or reg version, and they both say 1.4.0.10 version.

I tried small files...and big files. All are coming from Aspire with the CNCShark inch PP.

Any ideas on how to get me back cutting?

Teir

Edit...

Got an idea on labor day ....and redownloaded all files from the NWA website. Re-installed from scratch...and now program will
load files from aspire's pp. Dunno what the deal was....but it seems i am back going.