Newbie needs step-by-step VCarve Pro instructions

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

John2015

Newbie needs step-by-step VCarve Pro instructions

Post by John2015 »

Hello,

I'm trying to decide whether to invest in a CNC Shark machine from Next Wave Automation. I spoke with a woodworking expert at Vetric, who suggested I buy the book "CNC Routing Essentials," by Randy Johnson. This book has several good examples of CNC projects. What I really like is that it takes me step by step through every pull-down menu, command, and bit selection for the sample project.

I seem to learn better by actually learning the individual software commands and menus rather than watching a video (tutorial) or downloading a free project online. These free projects almost always come with a .crv file, which is what I need to learn to create.

I'm hoping that someone (or several people) can point me to resource(s) that can walk me through some basic and then advanced projects by giving me step-by-step instructions in writing, not as a video.

Thanks in advance.

Kayvon

Re: Newbie needs step-by-step VCarve Pro instructions

Post by Kayvon »

Vectric has a free trial of their software that you can use:

https://www.vectric.com/free-trial/vcarve-pro

It won't let you save the projects you create, but it's a great example of hands-on learning. Lots of video tutorials are available, too.