The first Shark help with controller

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Mig

The first Shark help with controller

Post by Mig »

Friends, I am trying to start my work on your first generation shark in great, barely used condition. My boss aquired it but never figured out how to use it. I now am ready to plug it in, when i plug the controller, it powers up, but i dont get to see the interface from which i would control the shark cnc. What am i missing here?
Thank you, Michael

Kayvon

Re: The first Shark help with controller

Post by Kayvon »

You should have an aluminum control box that connects to the Shark itself. A PC/laptop connects to that control box over USB. The PC needs to run the Shark Control Panel software to control the movement.

If you already have this, maybe you can describe your setup a bit, what you expect to see, and what you're seeing instead.
Last edited by Kayvon on Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

jasonellington

Re: The first Shark help with controller

Post by jasonellington »

My controller just stopped working today. Control box comes on and I get a green light, then a red one, then the handheld controller comes on, but not all the way. Its like the handheld controller is not going through its full self test. The screen comes on, but the normal button you push to acknowledge the screen doesn't actually say anything in it and doesn't react. I can't get the screen to move past that opening page. Any suggestions?