Vectorizing (beginner level)

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

harpone

Vectorizing (beginner level)

Post by harpone »

In looking for a simple method to engrave trivets I bought a $4.99 app, Image Vectorizer, to convert some scroll saw patterns for use on my SD100. When I converted (vectorized) the pattern and imported into VCarve Desktop all the workspace showed was evenly spaced dots over the entire surface. Any suggestions re what I did wrong?

Bob

Re: Vectorizing (beginner level)

Post by Bob »

Have you tried the vectorizer tool included with VCarve? I have always used it for my projects. The icon on the menu looks like a bird...some refer to it as "the Chicken".
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

harpone

Post by harpone »

I used the vectorizer tool and it allowed me to import the image. But when I went to Toolpaths and Calculate the message No Vectors Selected >No suitable vectors selected appears. I must have missed a stop: can you further instruct me?

Bob

Post by Bob »

If I'm understanding your question, you have not selected any vectors that were just developed. Click on the vector you want to cut. Then calculate the toolpath.

Ooh, or back up and scan the image first with the vectorizing tool. Then select the vector that was formed by the vectorizing tool.

See if that makes any sense.

Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)