Need Vector graphic

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
Jim Krager

Need Vector graphic

Post by Jim Krager »

I'm looking for a vector graphic of a Cribbage 29 Hand something like this attachment. Does anyone have or know where I can purchase one?
29hand.bmp

Dash

Re: Need Vector graphic

Post by Dash »

Hello, Jim.
I looked at your post days ago and didn't think. Me not thinking is not unusual for me til the middle of the night, in-disposed or something like that.
I am sure on off these guys will chime in but, why can you not load your pic as a bitmap or jepg and copy the lines and set your own vectors?
http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=315 This link was one of my first lessons from the forum...
Good luck and I hope this helps!!

Thanks,
Dash

Jim Krager

Post by Jim Krager »

Dash wrote:Hello, Jim.
I looked at your post days ago and didn't think. Me not thinking is not unusual for me til the middle of the night, in-disposed or something like that.
I am sure on off these guys will chime in but, why can you not load your pic as a bitmap or jepg and copy the lines and set your own vectors?
http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=315 This link was one of my first lessons from the forum...
Good luck and I hope this helps!!

Thanks,
Dash
Thank you for the information, I tried it, but the graphic that I posted wasn't clear enough to fit vectors to it that matched the shapes.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Jim,

I'd do a search for 'playing card graphics' or 'playing card clip art'. I think you'll find a large number of choices - some of them are royalty free, some cost a small amount. Getting a high res image and then converting to vector would be pretty straight forward at that point.

You may also want to search for 'card' on the VectorArt3D site - they have some nice models, and all of their models also include the eps vector component as well.

VectorArt.com also has some 2D vector images of cards that may meet your needs.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Jim,

I'd do a search for 'playing card graphics' or 'playing card clip art'. I think you'll find a large number of choices - some of them are royalty free, some cost a small amount. Getting a high res image and then converting to vector would be pretty straight forward at that point.

You may also want to search for 'card' on the VectorArt3D site - they have some nice models, and all of their models also include the eps vector component as well.

VectorArt.com also has some 2D vector images of cards that may meet your needs.

Bob

Post by Bob »

Then there is the Bob, low tech solution...Take the cards from the deck, arrange them how you want them on a scanner, save the scan and import it into VCarve, Use VCarve to convert the picture to tool paths.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Jim Krager

Post by Jim Krager »

Thank you everyone. I found some single card graphics and put them together in Inkscape and then used vCarve to create the vectors.
Cribbage 19 Hand.png
Last edited by Jim Krager on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

Bob wrote:Then there is the Bob, low tech solution...Take the cards from the deck, arrange them how you want them on a scanner, save the scan and import it into VCarve, Use VCarve to convert the picture to tool paths.
Bob
If its not on the Internet you don't need it!

-Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

Jim Krager

Post by Jim Krager »

Didn't realize that you can't share from the Trial version, so here's a good version of the crv file.
Cribbage Board.bmp
basic oval board layout.crv
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 1425 times

Sawman

Post by Sawman »

I was wondering if you could help I downloaded a copy of you cribbage board with the cards it works great but the last step when I run it it plunges right down in the board and also drives my head on my shark all the way to the top then plunges straight down any idea I am running V 7.5 when you tell it to go home it goes to the starting point and drives the bit down in the wood at the start point