Need Vector graphic

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
tonydude

Re: Need Vector graphic

Post by tonydude »

Here is an attachment to show that the home position and rapid Z gaps above material is where the problem is. You must change it to your machine setup, always check this to make sure there are no problems. I changed mine to .125 rapid moves and the home position to 1.5. Hope this helps. The other attachment is my changes. Make sure to recalcalate the toolpaths when making changes.

Tony
Attachments
cribbage.JPG
My changes
My changes
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Sawman

Post by Sawman »

Thanks Tony worked great

steveb624

Post by steveb624 »

I would like to follow this thread about importing vector graphics into Vcarve. I have a clipart of a dog that I have imported and is a fairly simple line art drawing, not too many lines, and you couldn't get any simpler. The image copies beautifully to the project that I'm working on. The problem is when I try to create a tool path, it only uses some of the lines. When I'm done, the preview doesn't look anything like a dog, it looks terrible. So, what is the best way to get a good toolpath after making your vector drawing?
Thanks.
Steve
Attachments
dog_outline_05_22912.jpg

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

You mean like this? File attached

Tony
Attachments
dog_outline.crv
(329.5 KiB) Downloaded 645 times
dog_outline.jpg
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Just click on trace bitmap. Attachments provided. These are the settings I used to create it.

Tony
Attachments
this one.JPG
trace bitmap.JPG
Buffalo,NY

steveb624

Post by steveb624 »

Thank you for your help.

tonybell9699

Post by tonybell9699 »

Great thread, learned alot! What do you use to hold the drill bit in the router?

Thanks in advance!
Tony

Jim Krager

Post by Jim Krager »

I purchased this from Nextwave, it has a 1/8 collet. http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop ... ?itemid=62

Andrew19

Post by Andrew19 »

You don't need to buy any as you can find some FREE vector graphic here https://creazilla.com/sections/1-vectors