4th axis Football

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
ruhnau

4th axis Football

Post by ruhnau »

Here is another design using the modified Bob's 4th axis fixture. It still needs some tweeking, but the method works. It is designed in Vcarve as half of an ellipse. The toolpath is edited so that the cutting takes place in the xz plane while the y plane is the rotational axis. I can explain this further if anyone has interest in it, but I will also show it at our next owners group meeting.
Attachments
IMG_0626.JPG
IMG_0627.JPG

4DThinker

Re: 4th axis Football

Post by 4DThinker »

BTW, if you change that design a bit you can make French rolling pins. Something that might be profitable to sell at a craft show.

Google Image link: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site ... 38&bih=872

Bob

Re: 4th axis Football

Post by Bob »

ruhnau wrote:Here is another design using the modified Bob's 4th axis fixture. It still needs some tweeking, but the method works. It is designed in Vcarve as half of an ellipse. The toolpath is edited so that the cutting takes place in the xz plane while the y plane is the rotational axis. I can explain this further if anyone has interest in it, but I will also show it at our next owners group meeting.
This is a great idea! I can't wait to see how you did this at our next meeting.
...March 2nd at 9:00 AM, Rockler, Milwaukee.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)