Vector clip 3D

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
Kevink18

Vector clip 3D

Post by Kevink18 »

Does anyone know much about Vector clip 3d I see that you can get 10 dowloads per day for a price do they limit you to the ones you can choose from or can u get anyones u want.I was looking at doing this but would like some feed back on how well they cut.

JoeinWestMich

Re: Vector clip 3D

Post by JoeinWestMich »

I have downloaded over a few hundred of their patterns since the beginning of the year which is when I bought my first CNC, a Carvewright. Now that I have moved up, so to speak, I download in both .ptn for Carvewright and .stl for others. They do allow 10 per day, each and every day. I have never had a problem downloading a file. You will have to look at each file. Some are OK, some good, some excellent. For the price they charged for service and the number of patterns they have available, I have been extremely happy. Other sites have better quality patterns but they are much more expensive, and I don't recall seeing this "package" of downloads at any other site. You might want to download one or two, carve them, and then see if the patterns meet your expectations. For me as a real newbie, they have given me an inexpensive way to build up a library of patterns. I use these mostly for box designs and plaques. I don't do things larger than 16 inches by 16 inches. So I can't comment on how well these patterns maintain their definition and quality as you go bigger in size. Hope this helps a bit.

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

I have it and love it.You do get 10 downloads per day for a year.Make sure you pick one and do not pick the same as it is counted.For the money It's great go for it.Basecircle

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

I have for 2 yrs now. After the first year you renew for same price and you get unlimited downloads per day. I have over 3,000 models from them.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Kevink18

Post by Kevink18 »

They don't have any good free ones to cut i am into the wild animal stuff like deer or elk

ttolli

Post by ttolli »

This is probably not the place to post this, but since the frame is from vector clip this might be a good place. I carved this today, the center is a dxf file from free dxf.com. I had to stretch the dxf to make it fit the blank oval frame, but there was no harm on this one. Vector clip has really helped me out. I v-carved the dxf file in hopes that it would look more like a silouette and I think it does. I still have to to put a finish on it to brighten it up. I love carving corian, there is just no variance in it. It is very shark friendly.
Keep on keepin on.
Tim
Attachments
DSCN0098 (640x480).jpg

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Tim,

Nice work on the plaque. What did you use to paint the black on the corian? I liked how you imported the dxf file into it.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

ttolli

Post by ttolli »

Hey Tony,
I used the spray ink from tracey packaging that you suggested to me sometime back. THANKS !!
Tim

Moose

Post by Moose »

I'm a new member. Does anyone have military badges in 3D? Specifically, I'm looking for Air Force specialty badges in 3D.

tafiore

Post by tafiore »

I am new here does anyone here know where I can find information on how to use the downloads on the shark machine I just got a subscription to the vector clip 3d but have no idea how to use these files any help would be greatly appreciated