Second Side Operations

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
Consultingwoodworker

Second Side Operations

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

There have been several discussions on here about how to do second side or other secondary operations on the Shark.
The real trick is accurately locating the part.

I had to widen an opening on a Christmas gift I made this year, so I grabbed the camera and took a few screen caps to show how I do this: http://youtu.be/8Jjd4YyqIYA

Hope this helps,

Ralph

EdThorne

Re: Second Side Operations

Post by EdThorne »

Hi Ralph,

Very nicely done. I haven't needed to do this yet but I won't forget your approach.

Thank you for your posting.
Ed

milo30

Post by milo30 »

Very nice. I like the fact that it explains the software side but also shows it on the machine doing the work. No getting lost in translation with that type of tutorial. I'll remember this for future needs. I have needed to be able to do that in the past but wasn't sure how.

Bob

Post by Bob »

Thank you Ralph,
If there is a way to to not plan far enough ahead, and need to re-do a part of a project I will find it. And when I do, I'll use this method.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

rsetina

Post by rsetina »

That's a great tip and video Ralph. Thanks for sharing your idea.

I had a situation where my son had a saw that had a plastic handle, and he wanted to replace it with an identical wooden one. After cutting out the two halves he decided it would be nice to vcarve some words on the handle so instead of making a whole new handle I used the sacrificial board from the original handle, set up the XYZ from that board and cut the lettering in the handle with great precision. Moral of the story. Hold onto pieces used when making parts. You won't know if you'll need them in the future.
Rick