ISO Logging 3D carving files

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
AndyS

ISO Logging 3D carving files

Post by AndyS »

I have been searching high and low for some specific themed 3D carving files.

I have a old timer logger who is one of my Battalion Chiefs with my district i volunteer at, and I want to make him something. I have done so much searching to find some type of 3D carve files related to the logging industry. I been trying to locate a Cable tower Yarder and anything else logging related for 3d carving. A bonus would be a 3D file of a old school Steam Donkey.

I would greatly appreciate any help that I can get.

Thanks,
Andy

Kayvon

Re: ISO Logging 3D carving files

Post by Kayvon »

Sounds like you're jumping into the 3d modeling side of the hobby. Sometimes you can get lucky and google "stl" plus your request, then find a file for free or for a nominal price.

Since your requests are rather specific, there are a couple ways to go about getting them. One is to learn how to 3d model. Not a small task! The other is to hire someone to design them for you, maybe from fiverr.com or somewhere. These two options are related: It's precisely because learning how to 3d model is tricky that freelancers are able to charge for their services.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

AndyS

Post by AndyS »

3D designing is WAY beyond me at this moment.

I would have no clue as how to even begin doing that. Im not against trying to learn the skills, any pointers would be absolutely awesome. I know what im looking for is very specific in nature, and i have looked for files in .stl with not much luck.

I appreciate the help too from everyone.

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

How big of a model Steam Donkey are you looking for?

This is a start of a Model Steam Donkey which can be resized accordingly. This one is pretty large - tank is 21" tall, 8+" in diameter, Gears are 6" each.
Screenshot 2021-06-07 145244.png

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554