Adding tools to database

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Mavrick20002

Adding tools to database

Post by Mavrick20002 »

I have tried multiple times to add different cutters/tools to the database and I can't get anywhere. Help???

tonydude

Re: Adding tools to database

Post by tonydude »

What program are you using? Vcarve pro or aspire? Open up the program click on help then click on help contents go to tool data base for info.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Danwood

Post by Danwood »

First a lesson in searching the internet. Never use the search engine of a program such as Google or Mozilla fire fox.
They make their money with advertising. You will be subjected to all kinds of garbage you don't need or want. Often times this is where you pick up viruses.
You can open them but don't use their search engine.
Go to the address bar. That is the Box at the top of the page.
Click on it and it should turn blue, click delete and the bar should clear out.
Type your entry in this bar.
This is basically the same search engine just without the advertising.
Type the following { Aspire custom form cutters} and press enter.You will get a list of info.
Usually the first item will be (Support- Custom form cutters-Verdict ltd).
This program tells you how to create your own custom form cutters and put them into the tool box.

If all you want to do is add another bit the same configuration as an existing bit proceed as follows.
Open a new part in Aspire or Vcarve pro.
Open the tool path section on the right side of the screen.
Click on "select" in the tool section. This will open the tool data base.
Select a tool of the type you want but in a different size.
For this example I want a different size End Mill.
Select any end mill in the list.
I have selected a 0.5 dia. end mill.
All the specs will be shown in the right side of the box.
For arguments sake lets say I want a 0.375 dia. end mill.
Go to the Geometry section and change the dia. to 0.375.
Go to the name section and change the name to "End Mill (0.375)".
You can change any of he other parameters as you wish. You can also always do this later. ( That is a good discussion for another time)
Click on new in the lower left corner.
It will display a blank section with a box for tool type.
click on the little down arrow in the box.
Select end mill and click OK.
The new cutter will be added to the selection of end mills.

I hope this helps.
Remember the only limits in life are those which we impose upon ourselves.
Dan

GullyFoyle

Post by GullyFoyle »

Danwood wrote:First a lesson in searching the internet. Never use the search engine of a program such as Google or Mozilla fire fox.
They make their money with advertising. You will be subjected to all kinds of garbage you don't need or want. Often times this is where you pick up viruses.
You can open them but don't use their search engine.
Dan
First lesson in using the internet browser, get an ad blocker and many of the various anti script/virus addon.
Adblocker plus, Noscript, Betterpivacy.WOT, are essential.
After that a free antivirus and malwareblocker.
I don't see ads, I don't get virus from dodgy sites and my searches ALWAYS point me in the correct direction.
I may need to rephrase a couple of times, and read a number of forums before finding an answer, but I've learned a hell of a lot more on the subject than I would have with a simple answer.
Thank you for the rest of the information.

Mavrick20002

Post by Mavrick20002 »

Thanks for all the information guys.

Bob

Post by Bob »

Mavrick20002 wrote:I have tried multiple times to add different cutters/tools to the database and I can't get anywhere. Help???
Did you ever get a solution to this question?
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Danwood

Post by Danwood »

Hi Maverick , If my posting above doesn't help you, Please give some specifics as to what you are trying to do and what happens.
Dan

groovy318

Post by groovy318 »

the problem I was having was I could not draw the tool so I looked up router bit profiles and found this so I took it to vcarve and made it into vectors then took the one I wanted and flipped it so it was the right profile and deleted the part of it that I did not need and was able to add to tools that way
hope this helps other people that were having problems drawing out the right side of the bit they wanted to add you could also take a picture of any bit from the internet and do this
Tom
Attachments
CNCtoolingprofiles-img.jpg
CNC TOOLS 1.jpg

Danwood

Post by Danwood »

to create tools from scratch you will need to know something about Node Editing.
Go to "Support- Custom Form Cutter- Vectric"
It has an excellent step by step process on how to create your own cutter configuration.
Good luck Dan

Mavrick20002

Post by Mavrick20002 »

Now that I have read a little on how to do it with using just the right side profile and making sure its to scale and highlighting the vector profile as needed by the program when creating profiles of router bits......I have done all the steps to set it up and when I go to create a new bit it looks good and when I hit "Apply" the information stays but the outline of the bit disappears. Any one know why the profile image isn't being maintained please tell me. A little confused as I have done it step by step as suggested. Bear in mind I am doing it in VCarve Pro 7.5

Thanks for anyone's help.