Windows 8 tap file error.

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

JoDy

Windows 8 tap file error.

Post by JoDy »

Hi folks, this is my first post.
Has anyone run into file load errors with Windows 8? I have installed the latest control panel software. My problem only happens when I load my first tap file of the day. The control panel launches ok, I can manually move the spindle with the control panel but when I load a tap file, I get a load error. If I push the emergency on-off button on the controller and load the file again, everything is fine. I can then load and run files until the next time I reboot the computer. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Avenroot

Re: Windows 8 tap file error.

Post by Avenroot »

Hi...

So this only happen the first time you run the control panel software after a new reboot?

Thanks!

Avenroot

Post by Avenroot »

Also...

Can you reconnect to the controller after a reboot if the controller stays on?

JoDy

Post by JoDy »

Thanks Dana for the reply.
I guess I should have said after a cold start, when I first turn on the computer in the morning, I get a ncpodgcodecompier exe has stopped error, followed by a Shark control load error. I just tired a windows restart and I am unable to reconnect to the controller. When I turn on the controller and computer for the first time in the morning, the blue and red lights are solid and the yellow light is flashing. When I open the control panel the red light goes out and the yellow becomes solid. During and after the restart, the blue and yellow lights remain solid. I am running CNCSharkControlPanel-1.5.0.23f.exe.