4th axis for Shark-Pro-HD will be released....... (?)

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

DougE

4th axis for Shark-Pro-HD will be released....... (?)

Post by DougE »

Wasn't trying to be misleading with the topic title to draw you in,... but.... (ok,.. so maybe I was being a little devious)

I thought that I read that the 4th axis would be released before Christmas (?)

I have some upcoming projects which would absolutely benefit from having this ability.

Can anyone supply "good" info on:
When this will be released?
If new software will be required?
What the pricing will be?
If the axis will be easily installed/removable?
Will it be compatible with (what models)?

etc...

Looking forward to some information and of course, purchasing this upgrade and installing/running it.

Thank you

Bonne annee et bonne sante' !

Doug E

Kevink18

Re: 4th axis for Shark-Pro-HD will be released....... (?)

Post by Kevink18 »

I was told it is in trial and should be out early 2013

rungemach

Post by rungemach »

The 4th axis was originally going to be December of 2010, has been delayed for a few months every few months since..
I built my own last year, got tired of waiting...

"Re: 4th Axis
by Tim Owens » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:22 am

We are working on it and have been shooting for the first of the year. We were going to have Vectric to go over some software issues we were seeing but they delayed until the end of Jan so I would say toward the end of Feb would be a good timeframe."

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

I think Bob's statement is more than fair, although after the post referred to, the time frame fairly quickly went to 3-4 month chunks, and then sometime after start of next year (2013) - although as recently as IWF Tim did state in video hoping for Christmas. Some of the challenges beyond NWA's direct control so they had to rely on others so to speak, and other challenges perhaps prioritized so other things could occur. Can't speak to either beyond 'that's my sense (for what it's worth).'

From the horses mouth so to speak - http://cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... xis#p10966.

As far a good info on your questions:

Software required - there will be an associated update to the Shark Control Panel to enable control of the 4th axis. VCarve Pro and Aspire already support 'wrapped jobs'.

Ease of installation - appears to be straight forward for 'routine' change from 3 axis to 4th axis jobs. However, you'll want to spend a good amount of care and precision with the initial setup the 4th axis.

Compatible with - all Shark models

Cbeames

Post by Cbeames »

Any update on release of the much anticipated and coveted 4 th axis?

Wolffie1

Post by Wolffie1 »

Cbeames wrote:Any update on release of the much anticipated and coveted 4 th axis?
I have a gut feeling we are flogging a dead horse :(
CheersWolffie

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

The 4th axis is something we have been working on for the last year plus. It only really works well with Aspire. We have made some modification with our software that makes it possible to work ok in Vcarve 6.5 but it was more limited and you needed to go through a lot of steps. I have been working with Vectric to come up with a way to move this more to the rest of our community. Vcarve 7 promised to provide that capabilities with the improved lua scripting and Gadgets. Since the Vcarve 7 release has slide it has also slid the 4th axis a bit (there was also this very successful MAKO thing as well). I am expecting the newest version of vcarve to me this week for testing to confirm everything. If so I want to ship these to Rockler by the end of March. We will see what Rocklers timeline is.
Thanks

Tim

radman

Post by radman »

Hello just bought a CNC Shark Pro HD and am working my way through the tutorials. I am really interested in the 4th Axis. Tim talked about the need for V Carve 7 to come out for the 4th axis to work on the Shark. My Machine came with V Carve Pro 7. Any update on CNC Shark 4th Axis.
Tom Hill
Carving for the Grandkids!!

CNC Shark Pro HD, VCarve Pro, Cut 3d, Vectric Art 3d Machinist

DougE

Post by DougE »

Hi Tom,

I'd tell you to hold your breath and count to 10 but... well,... it appears that the counting units we will be using are based on something similar to a 'month',.. (I'm pretty sure it's some new binary Mayan calendar counting system,.. but dont' worry,.. It does not appear to include a 22nd of December.)

But,... alas,... I'm not going to be cruel and tell you to perpetually hold your breath.

Please read this forum entry
http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.p ... t=4th+axis

It is a very ingeniuse solution.

** All credit to Bob of course**

Bonjour

Doug