CLIP ART

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

bandmill

CLIP ART

Post by bandmill »

I would like to carve a heart or a small rose. on a small box using clip art. Where do I get clip art that can be turned into vectors? any info would be great, Thanks.

milo30

Re: CLIP ART

Post by milo30 »

Run a google search on lineart of the subject you are looking for. Can find pics that are easy to convert like that.

bandmill

Post by bandmill »

Thanks Milo for getting back to me. I am very new at working on the cnc.Please bear with me, I can find clip art and line art, but I have a hard time makeing a vector out of it.Thanks
I am trying to find something other than signs and placques to make.

BillK

Post by BillK »

Check out the projects thread on this forum, or the file sharing thread. Plenty of projects not signs or plaques.

The best results for turning clip art into clean carving objects using the bitmap to vector command are black and white clip art. You can also search for vector clip art and find a lot of free files already in vector form.
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

milo30

Post by milo30 »

bandmill wrote:Thanks Milo for getting back to me. I am very new at working on the cnc.Please bear with me, I can find clip art and line art, but I have a hard time makeing a vector out of it.Thanks
I am trying to find something other than signs and placques to make.
Not sure exactly what you are looking for. Do you want 3D? If you have aspire or cut3D then you can purchase a 3d heart or rose file to carve. If you are vcarving it, it's usually not quite as simple as just downloading clip art and clicking to convert it to vectors. They normally have to be manually touched up to get them into usable files. It's going to be the same thing whether you carve it on a sign or on a box. As Bill stated, black and white clip art is easier to work with than colored. The better quality of picture that you use, the better the conversion is. I try line line art before bitmap because normally they convert very easily. Here are 2 examples. I searched rose line art, went to images for rose line art, dragged the file and it was 1 click and here are samples of the vectors carved. The entire process including the search took less than 5 minutes to find, convert and create toolpaths for both roses.

If we aren't understanding you correctly or you want more info post more detailed question or feel free to send me a message and I will be happy to help you.
rose.png
rose__lineart_by_animedreamer4life-d46kw38.jpg
rose2.png

bandsaw

Post by bandsaw »

Thanks milo. I have carved boxes with a heart on them. i can did one on one corner, would
like to put one in each corner. I tried to mirror it, but it did not come out right.Any suggestions.I am using v carve right now, but maybe someday I will venture into aspire.
Ihave had my diamond about ten weeks and I am just starting to use it . Had trouble with the z and y axes .So for a while I was not a very happy cnc owner.

milo30

Post by milo30 »

It would be a little easier if you post the file you are working on, so we could see exactly what you are talking about. You should just select the object, use the mirror tool, flip left or right and slide it into position. When you say it did not come out right, what method did you use and exactly what were your results.

It sounds like you need to go to the vectric site and watch the tutorial videos. I know they are hard to get through and no one wants to start with them but you have to crawl before you can walk. The time that you invest in utilizing them will actually speed up your learning curve on everything else. The learning process is slow at first. Accept that fact and learn the right way and it will save you time and money down the road in mistakes. They cover just about every thing that you need to kow to use the software. Set a goal to learn one tutorial a week or something and you'll be glad that you did.

Andrew19

Post by Andrew19 »

You can find such a clipart here https://creazilla.com/tags/611-plants

TAW

Post by TAW »

You can also google / search black and white tattoos or simple line art- software will convert these easily in to vectors too.