Initial HD TABLE setup

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Laddich

Initial HD TABLE setup

Post by Laddich »

Recent HD purchase...now attempting to setup unit correctly. Trouble finding guidance out of the box. Expected the Shark to be straight forward but find lack of structured instructions. Any and all insight would be appreciated. If I have missed something please let me know...

tonydude

Re: Initial HD TABLE setup

Post by tonydude »

Check this out. http://nextwaveautomation.com/DownLoads.aspx. This is the company that makes it. Lot of info. Plus check out support.vectric.com/training-material for tutorials on your programs.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Laddich

Post by Laddich »

Thanks tonydude...I had looked at many of those, but they did not seem to pertain to mounting the table. It appears that the base has to be drilled for mounting to platform. Seems rather strange that one must remove the bed in order to mount this tool...how did you setup initially?

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

My machine is just laid on a flat surface nothing secured down. Mine doesn't move. I built an encloser around it to keep the noise down and saw dust inside the encloser. Then I just pick up the saw dust with a dust collector.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

milo30

Post by milo30 »

my machine just sits on a table. initially i did bolt it down but found that it wasnt necessary. you could also place a rubber mat under it if you felt that you needed it.

Laddich

Post by Laddich »

Thanks so much...over thinking support apparently. I guess it's time to plug it in and get on with it!

McBuster

Post by McBuster »

What you may (will) need, is a flat, supported area under the base of the machine that will not sag. When the gantry moves across the rods, the bed/base will sag under the weight. Then, the Z Axis will be cutting lower than when at the ends. When I build my table for the HD, there will be very stiff supports, under the table top, directly supporting the Y Axis rods. I am also going to do something to stiffen up the left/right transverse of the gantry itself.
Jon ...
Woodbury Mn

Laddich

Post by Laddich »

Thanks Jon - I in fact are using a solid core door (1 3/4" thk) as a base.

milo30

Post by milo30 »

If you want to bother with it, you can always use some L shaped brackets to hold it down. You wouldn't have to remove the top if you ever wanted to move the machine. Depending on where you set it up, the fact that it isn't fastened down can be a plus to do maintenance and stuff.

RxDr

Post by RxDr »

Tony,
Brand new to the forum and the system and noted the website you mentioned more than ten years back on this particular topic. Do you have an updated site for those tutorials, the site listed is no longer valid? Thanks.