Controler stopped working

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tonybell9699

Re: Controler stopped working

Post by tonybell9699 »

So trying to keep a happy face :)

I seperated the cords, 9:38 into the project the controller did not connect to the control panel, thus stopping the work.

What does it mean when the blue and red light are solid and yellow blinking?

When I restart the control panel the work can be resumed. So that is a plus! lol...

Lifting the cover on the controller, all the lights seem to be good... Any ideas??

Tony :mrgreen:

Rando

Post by Rando »

In my experience with a failing controller, that yellow flashing light indicates an SD card error...or a USB error...it was never quite clear.

I too suffered through the vagaries of the controller, so I feel your pain. I've had "better" luck with the replacement controller, but like you're finding, it's not 100% reliable. :(

The good news is that sometimes it's not the controller...just yesterday Vectric VCarve Pro v8.010 took a millimeters design with 5mm safe height, and when I changed it to inches, it KEPT the "5" and turned that into 5 INCHES safe height. So when the GCode was run, it's first action was to rapid all the way to the top (and then some!), and then immediately RAPID plunged an 1/8" solid carbide endmill through a 3/8" plate of aluminum, and broke the endmill, and made that $25 plate of Aluminum useless. Thanks, Vectric.

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

HouseOfAlchemyLLC

Post by HouseOfAlchemyLLC »

My controller was shutting off randomly and I did some troubleshooting regarding all the above posts. Ultimately the controller was overheating and shutting down to protect itself. The controller did not feel warm to the touch with the case on, but was noticeably hot with the case off. I have been running it with the cover cracked open blowing a fan on it. Obviously not the recommended solution, but working great.