Replacement Interlocking Table

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Gs.spencer

Replacement Interlocking Table

Post by Gs.spencer »

I just purchased a used demo interlocking table top for $250 + another $49 shipping to replace the blue top on my Shark Pro Plus HD 2.0. New tops were selling for $350. Even though my top was used (certified pre-owned), it's in near perfect condition and only had a real small barely noticeable dent on the far outside edge.

This new top is absolutely remarkable. It's a little thicker than my old top increasing from 3/4" thick to a full 1" thick.

Before laying the new top on the vertical plexi-glass base, I laid down a piece of 3/4" aluminum angle 28" long. Before bolting the table down, I used 0.004" thick aluminum tape (under the aluminum angle) to act as shims to ensure a level base. I had to shore up one corner 0.020" and another corner 0.008". When all was said and done, my new table top is literally perfectly level in all 4 corners of the Z axis and also along every portion of the table's center.

Along with the table now being perfectly level, I was also able to yaw it a tad to make it perfectly perpendicular. The other great feature with the interlocking rails is when you clamp down your project, the rails don't raise anymore throwing off your Z axis.

All I need now to make my table better is to improve on my dust collection fence. I used to suck sawdust using the dust port attachment but I hate the way it gets in the way. I have pretty good luck using a custom 4" dust hood at the rear of the table but want to find a way to increase airflow to inhale even more dust particles.
Attachments
Angle Aluminum.jpg
Dust Fence1.jpg
Dust Fence2.jpg