cutting 3d mantel

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gpeck

cutting 3d mantel

Post by gpeck »

I designed a mantel that is 36x10 from 3d design and make western. How can I cut it out on my black diamond 24x24 table. I tried the tiling mode, but it will not work.Is there a way to turn the XandY axes in the cut 3d, so that the starting point is on the lower left? Thanls for any info. gene

Kayvon

Re: cutting 3d mantel

Post by Kayvon »

Cut3D will let you rotate the piece (Step one, "Rotate 90" button) and choose the origin point (Step two, "XY Origin Position" select). If your piece is longer than the bed of your machine, Cut3D doesn't having tiling so that will pose a problem. VCarve and Aspire would allow you to tile the project if you have either of those.

gpeck

cutting 3d mantel in v carve 8.5

Post by gpeck »

I designed a mantel that is 36x10 from 3d design and make western hack. How can I cut it out on my black diamond 24x24 table useing v carve 8.5.? I tried the tiling mode, but it will not work.Is there a way to turn the XandY axes in v carve 8,5 to cut 3d, so that the starting point is on the lower left? In design and make getting started vidoes they show a wilderness hack 6 foot by 10" mantel useing v carve 8.5, but they do not show how it was cut out. Thanks for any info. gene

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

You can still rotate your piece in VCarve, then you tile the 3D toolpath. All Vectric projects allow you to select the point of origin (any corner or the center).

Check out the tiling video if you haven't already: http://support.vectric.com/tut-aspire-2d-25d-techniques

Bob

Post by Bob »

You can try this:
(It's just a review of tutorials and forum input that I put together in a way I understand.) Thanks FixitMike.
It works for me, your results may vary.
Bob
These are two ways that I use the Tiling Tool.docx
(32.21 KiB) Downloaded 449 times
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)