Lost my Y axis today. Shark HD4, Help!

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Woodworker4315

Lost my Y axis today. Shark HD4, Help!

Post by Woodworker4315 »

I managed to get my laser post processors installed and working correctly today which was a huge win. Later in the day, I wanted to run another file and noticed my Y axis doesn't move at all on command. Im using a pendant.
I didn't unhook any cables today leading up to the stoppage
I checked the cable connections after disconnecting power.
I know its not the actual motor because I switched X and Y axis and Y works fine on the machine....just like normal, but of course, then X doesn't work.
I have it narrowed down to the controller box, at least but have no idea where to go from here.
I checked the fuse. of course, its fine.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Scott

Woodworker4315

Update. Thanks to Next wave.

Post by Woodworker4315 »

Update. I called Next Wave this morning and got through to a human being on call #2. Spoke with Scott. He walked me though a couple quick diagnostics and it was determined that the problem was with my Driver Motor board inside the control box (Not the Pendant, the main control box) (Part number 200049 $89 on the website) He determined this because all the motors work correctly if I switch the cables with the exception of ANY cable that was connected to the Y axis plug on my control box.
He determined my Shark was on warranty and is shipping the new part to me today. (Free)
I removed the old one very easily (trust me, its cake once you see this board inside the control box.) remove 2 screws on the inside and the 2 lugs on the outside that the motor cable screws into once you plug it in. done.
Ill update when Im back up and running.

I just thought I would post the specifics for anyone in the future who may come across this situation.

Kayvon

Re: Lost my Y axis today. Shark HD4, Help!

Post by Kayvon »

Thanks for posting the update. I'm glad you got it figured out. Hopefully you're up and running again quickly.

Woodworker4315

Last update. I'm back up and running!

Post by Woodworker4315 »

Got the part the day following my call. I live in same state as Next Wave. No charge for the part. I installed the new driver board in about 5-7 min. Easy. Machine is up and running like new.
This big problem turned out to be a pretty easy fix.
Thanks all.