tap files not running properly

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Janettx

tap files not running properly

Post by Janettx »

My HD4 is not running tap files correctly any longer. My machine stalled and the control box died and replacing the fuse did not fix the control box but I had a back up control box so I installed it. Then when I ran a tap file (that I run often) the controller isn't running the file properly. i.e. I have a tap file with two pockets that are 1" deep each. When I run that tap file it goes to the first pocket and clears the pocket but continues to clear that pocket way past 1". I'm not sure how far it will go as I stop the file from running when I see it has run past the 1" depth. It never goes to the second pocket at all. I then changed the control box by using my HD5's control box with the same results. I decided to remake the tap file just incase it got corrupted somehow and that did not solve the problem either.
Anyone have any idea what might be wrong?
TIA
Janet

Rando

Re: tap files not running properly

Post by Rando »

Can you post the GCode file? Alternatively, can you view the tap file in http://ncviewer.com and see if the GCode's backplot shows that behavior? Use the "front" view, and that will show you the depths of each cut.
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)