Windows 8 issues, HELP!!!!!!!!

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

cjablonski

Windows 8 issues, HELP!!!!!!!!

Post by cjablonski »

Since installing windows 8, my computer is no longer able to detect the controller. It has stated that the driver file needs to be reinstalled but I cannot locate the disk anywhere. Any solutions????
"I'm not smart, I just remain on problems longer"
Albert Einstein

Making many BTU by experimentation. ...some days it gets too warm :)

tonydude

Re: Windows 8 issues, HELP!!!!!!!!

Post by tonydude »

Here is the download page for adding drivers. http://www.nextwaveautomation.com/DownLoads.aspx

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

You can run the Shark Control Panel installer again. Ensure your Control Box is powered on, then run the installer. During that process, you will be asked if you want to install the USB drivers. Choose yes. Hopefully that will clear the air.

When you reinstall the Shark Control Panel software, you should not 'lose track' of your existing registration entries. So, I'd expect you to find no issues in that regard. After installing, turn the Control Box back on, and start the Control Panel software.

I don't have any experience with Windows 8 yet, so these are the steps that I've seen work with upgrades from Vista to Win 7.

It sounds like you ran an upgrade to Windows 8 on an existing Win 7 installation (?).

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

The version of windows 8 released last month is deferent then the beta release the world built too.
The previous driver works but the new installer for windows 8 didnt allow it to install correctly.
We worked with microsoft and have been given a solution which we are testing now.
Look for Version 1.5.0.23F soon for that release.

cjablonski

Post by cjablonski »

Thanksfor all the responses. I have tried alll the above fixes to no avail. Tim, when will the new driver be released? Losing money daily due to this issue.......
Albert Einstein

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

I would have perfered to have this in a version F but to save a bit of time we put it in the 1.5.0.23E on the website rather then a whole new build
http://www.nextwaveautomation.com/DownLoads.aspx
We will put the F out later this week.
Tim

cjablonski

Post by cjablonski »

Since downloading the new file dated 11/5/2012 today, all seems to be working as it should. Jog features functioning and able to open the control panel. Guess its safe now to use windows 8 :D
Thanks to all for your assistance, mission accomplished.
Chris
Albert Einstein