Plans for a table

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Ronwoodson2

Plans for a table

Post by Ronwoodson2 »

I have ordered the new Mako Shark and need a table or bench for it. I would prefer one with casters. Does anyone have plans, or ideas, that will help me avoid newbie mistakes?
Ron Woodson
Somerset ,Ky
Ronwoodson2@aol.com

hdtheater

Re: Plans for a table

Post by hdtheater »

I drew some up awhile back for my Pro Plus.

Mine is built from a 2x4 frame with an MDF top. I used locking casters to keep it from moving when the router "jerks" around. If you have the space to leave it parked,I would just skip the wheels.

-Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

I'll be setting up a new HD (essentially a Mako) soon, and am planning a table right now.

I'll be using 36" long 4x4 posts in the corners. Plywood to panel 3 sides and a bottom shelf that locking casters could be mounted to. I'll have one or two drawers for bits and tools and accessories. The top will have room for a keyboard/mouse/monitor as well as the CNC. I'll probably use most of a 42" solid-core door for the top.

Once I have it done (as I'm sure I'll be changing details as I go) I'll make a good set of plans and post them here. This CNC is being installed in a large furniture design shop at Kansas State University. We don't plan to put it in a cage, and want easy access around the CNC. At home I stand a thin piece of plywood up between my CNC and PC when cutting a job, but take it down while setting up. I let the chips fly then simply shop-vac around the CNC and nearby floor when the job is done. My home Shark is on one end of a very old Veterinarian table. It also is on a 4x4 base, and sturdy enough to not flex or jiggle as the CNC darts around.

rstreeter

Post by rstreeter »

When I set up our Shark Pro Plus, mobility and size was an issue. We came up with a desk from Habitat for Humanity for $20, mounted it on 3/4" plywood w/ casters. The SPP is just about 1" over each side but it works for us. Place a router pad underneath (from Rockler) and it won't move while you move the desk around and the drawers help to hold your bit and things for your CNC.
Hope this helps you think out side the wood pile.

Robert

CountryWoodCrafts

Post by CountryWoodCrafts »

DSCF3583.JPG
I used a kitchen lower cabinets base on 2x4 framing and a second cabinet on wheels as well to house the computer and other accessories.