Piranha setup - Pendant not communicating with Piranha

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Wanderer

Piranha setup - Pendant not communicating with Piranha

Post by Wanderer »

New user here. Pretty sure I setup up my Piranha/FX machine correctly, however, there doesn't seem to be communication between the machine and pendant. I hear the x,y,z motors, but there are 0.000's showing in the jog screen and no toggle movement. I have a .tap file on a flash drive ready to go....but I am stuck. Can anyone point me in a direction...any direction? Thanks!

meb

Re: Piranha setup - Pendant not communicating with Piranha

Post by meb »

Do you mean when you touch any of the Jog buttons (Right x+,Left x-,Away Y+, Near Y-, Up Z+, Down Z-) on the control screen it is not doing anything? Remember this is not a touch screen like a smart phone and you do need to push on the screen not just touch it. If that is the problem them turn the unit off, unplug the power supply, make sure all the connectors are plugged in all the way, plug the power supply back in, then turn the unit on and try again. Remember to do your setup as explained in the manual.

If that does not do anything see if the Apps button will allow you to get the the preloaded apps. If you get there you can do an air cut of the square with the router turned off to see if it will accept gcode commands.

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

Check your pins on your cable from the Pendant to the Controller, make sure none of them are bent from forcing the wires together.
If any pins are broken, contact next wave support@nextwaveautomation.com.

If the pins are good, Try [Wake]

if that doesn't reconnect... then try [Apps] [Factory Restore]. Then Power the controller, off then on.

last option: pull down the latest control panel
Http://nextwaveautomation.com/Downloads ... P_v1.0.exe

under [Help] walk through the LCD and Firmware updates for the Piranha Controller and Pendant.

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Thanks mrb and Joe. I tried everything including downloading firmware from Next Wave. After lot of time on phone with Matt at NWA, turns out the LCD is faulty. UPS'd it back to NWA for a new one. In the meantime, Matt at NWA sent me a link to download a control panel to operate the Piranha directly from my laptop (via an A/B Device cable). Its a beta version and there are issues, but at least I can get something done while I wait for the new LCD.